Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vaccines as a pro-life issue

Vaccines seem to be controversial lately - most publicly for allegedly causing autism. Less public concern I have is over the vaccines that were created with the help of aborted babies or their organs. Unfortunately, I seem to come off as anti-medicine which is not true - medicine can save lives. On the other hand, much of our modern health technology bends or breaks ethical and moral standards and in many cases one important statement is ignored or pushed to the side...

Life is NOT expendable

In a related note, one of my favorite books is coming out as a movie that looks really good (starring Cameron Diaz). My Sister's Keeper addresses some medical ethical issues about how life should be treated. I encourage everyone to see it or - better yet - read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment