Saturday, July 11, 2009

Education

This summer is flying by! I enjoyed finishing up the year teaching psychology to juniors and for the past two weeks I have loved helping out with the extended school year program as a special education para. All that has meant more work for me and no "prep" time to update this blog. The summer gets busy and I hope everyone is enjoying it!

In other news, I had my monthly board meeting this week and was reminded of something that I find truly important - education. The more people are educated about the issues, the more chance we have of succeeding. It is amazing the amount of items that can be in political bills. It is extremely hard to stay educated on what they are all about. We have all heard that legislation that has hundreds or even a thousand pages is being passed before anyone could have time to read it. Legislation that sounds like a good thing may have many negative items slipped in at the last minute. One thing that is not last minute is the inclusion of abortion in the new health care plans - President Obama has shown that this is an important issue to him. The health care plans are so comprehensive that even if it does not explicitly state that as a service, it could be easily justified in just about any scenario. In most cases, abortion is an elective procedure and should be seen as just that. The congress is not voting on the bill yet, but I will post on here when they are so that you can feel free to contact your representatives while the issue is directly in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment