Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Should Health Care Look Like?

I want to start this post by saying that I am surrounded by many wonderful people. I am informed by friends and family and directed to multitudes of resources. I am astounded to know there is so much to learn every day.

Today I was shocked to realize something that I should have known all along. Health Care does not cover anything related to infertility. A friend of a friend had a hard time getting a surgery approved because it was partly done to help her reproductive system working as it should - meaning that she would be more likely to experience the miracle of creating life with her husband. The surgery will also help reduce pain and other issues that many women have to struggle with each month.

What is wrong here?

Health Care is not covering medical problems. A medical problem is something that changes/affects the correct functioning of your body. Proper functioning of a woman's body includes the ability to conceive and carry a child. So why does insurance cover something that suppresses normal functioning (birth control pill, etc) but not something that will restore it?

Hopefully, more people will come to the realization that I did today and speak out that abortion is not health care and should be excluded from any health care reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment