Friday, February 5, 2010

Rage v. Serenity (Reflection v.1 n.4)

Which one would you rather have? I would prefer serenity but can be drawn to rage pretty quickly. Wednesday seemed to be one of those days. My co-workers had just finished saying I'm a calm spirit when I just got so mad at all of them. Everyone was looking out for themselves and I was trying to show them how teamwork and communication help keep me calm -would they listen? No. So what does that mean....

I really can't change the situation. Wednesday's response of making the class work a little easier (for my sake), going home, working out and then eating enough to totally negate the workout obviously did not help.

Today I have calmed down with the help of two realizations

1. No matter how much you "respect life" in all its forms, you won't always be in a great environment. That doesn't give you an "out" to stop showing love and kindness

2. The serenity prayer - I have a cross stitched version framed that my great aunt made. You'd think since I pass it every day I would be a "calm spirit" At least I am sometimes right?



God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

1 comment:

  1. I like the serenity prayer. There is no value in raging about things that one is not in a position to change, but we all forget that at times.

    ReplyDelete