Friday, October 30, 2009

Life at Home

Well my long term job ended which let me open up my schedule a bit. I took today off for fear of halloween party disaster. I have about a million (or ten) things on my to do list, but seeing as I have two done already I though I deserved a writing break ;-)

One thing on my to do list was go to Mass. It was so nice to get up as my husband was leaving instead of the other way around, watch some news and go to Church. The homily was Halloween related about how we wear masks to hide the truth from others and sometimes from God. I'm sure we all do that sometimes and it's a good reminder to be aware of it; however, it made me think mostly about all the different aspects of myself and roles I am playing. I have been so happy to take some extra time to play housewife this week. I cooked Shepard's Pie from scratch yesterday - no easy feet with about 20 ingredients and I didn't even have to exaggerate that! I have cleaned and done laundry and generally gotten the house back how I prefer to keep it. I'm cooking a nice meal again for company tonight and I'm so happy to have the time.

I've also been blessed with the opportunity this week to spend time with a number of friends who have little ones. I got to see two young brothers play in their yard on Monday while holding the youngest boy who is just 2 months! I played with my 2 year old neighbor while her mother made dinner and finally talked on the phone with my friend who gave birth at the end of September. I'm excited to visit her in three weeks and learn more about new motherhood before I embark on that same journey (no time frame on that yet). All in all, it has been a great week and I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my day and to do list at home.

p.s. update on the halloween candy post - yes I got chocolate and no the bags did not make it into the house without being "tested" for quality. Well they are hidden now until tomorrow - have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment