Friday, April 3, 2009

What did I get myself into?

That is a question that I have asked myself for the last couple months. Since I graduated college I have had the luxury of a lot of free time - working part time as a substitute gives you that. However, since the end of January I have:

1. joined the pro-life movement and jumped straight to VP
2. committed myself and my darling husband to training for NFP teachers
3. Taken on the permanent building substitute job (no more choosing to take the day off)
4. Started working with a spiritual director (which helps me process all of this)

Why did I do all of this at once? Well I have a few answers. Taking part in Natural Family Planning is in itself a pro-life lifestyle since I am open to the possibility of bringing a new life into this world at any time. My spiritual director is keeping me accountable for doing my best in both areas. And working everyday will help save money for when the time comes to either buy a house or start a family. So I guess what I am trying to say is that my life feels like it is going in fast forward the last couple months but all with one goal -



Fight for the Sanctity of all human life

All my involvement stemmed from learning about Natural Family Planning over time. I have learned a lot more about Theology of the Body as well and I wish more people were talking about this topic on a regular basis. Being part of the organic movement, it is nice to know that there are ways to live my life that work with what God has given me instead of fighting against it. I feel healthier and happier since I learned how to monitor the signs of my body. I also feel truly blessed that my husband is committed to the lifestyle and that I found it very easy to learn and use NFP.

Last, I thought I would explain that I put a picture of a flower on my blog instead of my picture to represent life. I can't wait for spring to truly arrive and flowers remind me of that new birth. The picture was taken by my husband while he was studying in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment