Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Reflection v. 1 n. 2

I will be arriving in D.C. at 6am Friday morning for the anniversary of Roe v. Wade (so I wrote this a bit early). I will get to go to Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. I have been to that church before and it is gorgeous. I will then take place in my first march - never done something so political in my life! With all that going on, this week I haven't even reflected much on the political side of this debate. I have been drawn to the personal side once again.

I am thankful for my family. My mother and father were happy to accept twins and a baby brother 5 years later. My father always celebrates life and told me as a child if I didn't want to do something - I didn't have to. This was in reference to fun activities - I wasn't forced to try or play every sport and activity. My parents made sure my life was relatively balanced and full of joy. I was born much later than 1973 so abortion would have been an easy option had my parents been in a different situation with different morals. My dad always took time to remind me that he would rather have his happy family than be able to afford a fancy car like some of his co-workers. I am truly blessed to know my family as well as the family I married into are family-focused and full of pro-life support. So, for my reflection today, while I am in the midst of a huge political march, I realize that all the politics would mean nothing if we did not have the example of loving families and caring pregnancy center workers. Thank you to everyone who works to promote a culture of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment