Monday, January 11, 2010

Health Care Update

Christmas is officially over. Ornaments have been put away and trees are absent. I no longer see stockings hanging from my fireplace and Christmas carols are long forgotten. Students are back in school and soon all members of congress will be back at work in D.C.

Health Care has not passed yet. Some people say that since both house and senate have passed their version, health care is as good as completed and implemented. I beg to disagree with my husband's doctor who made the statement and many other who I'm sure have been led to believe it. The house version included the Stupak-Pitts amendment that puts limits on abortion coverage and basically makes sure we don't go further than the status-quo. The Senate version is drastically different. Consider contacting your representatives as they return to D.C.

* Representatives return to D.C. January 12th
** Senators return January 20th

No comments:

Post a Comment